A Tuscan Wedding
I recently had the pleasure of working with a client who was getting married in Italy.
Montespertoli is around 30 mins drive from Florence, the venue - Tenuta Corbinaia - is surrounded by the most picturesque views, has an air of calm and tranquility to it and is the most romantic setting for a wedding...perfect for my beautiful bride.
Brides To Be
For any brides who are considering a wedding abroad, the blog content below will be a useful insight as to the products I used.
Over the years, I've found these to work best in hotter climates, and having had my own wedding abroad too, I know how important it is for the products to last all day ensuring your look stays on your face!!
My client requested a natural look but was concerned about the durability of the products in the hot Italian sun! Having experienced working in similar temperatures, I was able to advise her exactly what products and textures that had to be used to create a natural long wearing make-up look that could stand the 30 degrees climate.
The skin is one of the most important parts of the look. The foundation texture has to be long wearing but still achieve a flawless even complexion. In a hot climate you are looking to achieve a fresh "real" skin with natural highlights to create a healthy glow.
- I used Hourglass Fresh Veil Mineral Primer as a base for the foundation base. The satin texture increases the longevity of the foundation and creates a porcelain finish to the skin whilst minimising pores.
- I then mixed Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with YSL All Hours Foundation to even out texture and provide a glowing complexion with the longevity of 24hrs.
- I made a mixture of Casual Colour cheek tones from MAC to create a blusher tone that gave a soft tint of colour over the cheeks. The lightweight texture makes you feel like you are wearing nothing and moisturises and hydrates the skin. The cream texture gave a natural glow and blended with the natural texture of my client's skin.
- I used a mixture of Prolongwear Paint Pot eyeshadows from MAC. This product is extremely long wearing and blends into the skin evenly leaving a very intense vibrant finish ti the shadow.
- I used a mixture of "Plum" Lip Pencil and "Lady Be Good" Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour to stain the lips for a soft pink nude tone for the lip.
- To finish off, a Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder was dusted across the foundation to create a sheer, silky finish to the foundation and maximise it's durability.
If you are interested in creating this or similar looks, we have Day / Professional Courses, Personal Lessons & Group Bookings that cover this content and more, head over to our Academy page.
Thank you and congratulations to the beautiful bride, Wenzhou.
Photographs credited to Divine Day Photography